Thursday, August 1, 2013

5 Reasons I love Colorado summers

I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by! Time flies when you are having fun! Here are 5 reasons I love summertime in Colorado!

August 1st is Colorado's Birthday! Today in 1876 Colorado became a state. Happy Birthday Colorado!!

1)Hiking. Of course! :) It is fun to play outside when it is sunny and warm. Almost all trails are accessible in the summer and the wildflowers are spectacular! 


2)Festivals. Every weekend there is some kind of festival, whether it is celebrating food, art, books,culture, music, or the outdoors it is always fun. I love the smells of kettle corn and funnel cake in the air! 
Denver Chalk Art Festival- one of my favorites!
3)Concerts. Great music comes through Colorado in the summer. There is nothing better than a concert at Red Rocks! 


4)Pool days. I love soaking up some vitamin D while reading a good book by the pool. It is so relaxing, especially while taking in the mountain views.

5)Balloons. I think hot air balloons are magical and on a clear morning in the summer you can be sure to see at least one in the sky over the mountains. It's beautiful. I will ride in one someday!


Why do you love summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment