Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Yay! It is starting to feel like spring! Now that it is warming up I am doing my cardio exercise outside rather than on the treadmill or elliptical machine. I would much rather be outside than inside a gym anyday! :) Today is my first day of my new work schedule. Normally I work morning shifts, but starting now I will be working the closing shift on Thursdays. So since it was so beautiful this morning, I decided to take advantage by going on a nice power walk in my hood!



 One of the things I love most about where I live is that the surrounding community is so beautiful. We are right on a golf course with gorgeous views of the front range. We are within walking distance to a great bar called the Lazy Dog. In the summer it is fun to walk or bike over there and have a brew! It is also a great destination for my power walk. Normally, in the gym I do 30 minutes of cardio which is how long it takes me to walk from my doorstep to the Lazy Dog and back moving at a decent pace. It is nice because the terrain is varied. There are some areas that are steep and some that are more flat so the walk mimics the kind of workout I get in the gym. It is about a 2 mile walk. I am thinking of getting a pedometer this summer because I think it would be fun to use on my walks and hikes!
Pretty view of the golf course

The Lazy Dog- great local bar!
It was pretty quiet on my walk today. There were no golfers on the course, which was pretty surprising. I did stumble upon a rabbit though! I saw a hot air balloon in the distance which means ballooning season is back in swing. I love that about the spring and summer here. One day I would love to take a ride in one!  
The rabbit I spotted
I enjoyed listening to some sweet acoustic tunes on my headphones, taking in the sunshine, the fresh air,and the mountain views. It was a great way to spend my morning and I am planning to try and do this every Thursday.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day! Now it's time to get ready for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment